Sunday, December 7, 2008

Long time, no blog...

Me in the Jungle!


Hello everyone! WOW, it has been ages since I have written anything on my blog! The good news is that I have been writing, the bad news is that I haven't posted any of my reflections! Another problem is that my computer completely died on me, so most of my reflections were trapped inside (Scott was able to fix it, after I sent it home)! I will post more of my reflections once Scott gets here with my computer (ONE WEEK!).

Life in Micronesia is going wonderfully. I love my job as an ESL teacher more than I have loved any other job. My students fill me up each day and I actually look forward to Mondays (that's messed-up, huh???). Tomorrow is the last day of finals, and I'm actually feeling a little morose about it. I'm really going to miss them over break. At least Scott will be here to fill that void!!

I collected my students' journals for the last time and I was blown away by their appreciation and kindness. They are such great kids. It's weird, for the first time in my life I feel like I'm really making a difference. In the past I would always try to push a "thank you" or "good job" away; however, here it's different....I believe them. :)

Other than teaching, I'm tutoring 53 kids, coaching high school track, running a lot, and going on crazy jungle adventures up extremely tall mountains. Life is wild! I am still enjoying the 80 degree weather (sorry, had to rub it in a little!) and the ocean. I also feel like I'm growing. I'm becoming more confident and finding my lively spirit once again...it's refreshing. :)

I hope all of you are well! Don't give up on my blog! More reflections will be on their way (however, they will be old!).

3 comments:

erin said...

Thanks much for the update, Meghan! I'm so glad to hear everything is going wonderfully (and that you're able to keep running :)); I knew it would! Can't wait to read more. :) Enjoy your time with Scott! And Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Orgs,

Great to hear from you! Perhaps being an ESL teacher is in your future?!??!?

Have a great break, and enjoy your time with Scott!!!

Erik

Anonymous said...

You're awesome Meghan! keep up the good work!