Wednesday, July 16, 2008

First dose of "island time"

Well, we were scheduled to arrive in Pohnpei in about an hour, however due to a 12 hour+ flight delay (the delay continues to increase each hour) we are still in Hawai'i.  The good thing is, if there ever was a top ten list for the best places to have a long layover, I'm sure Hawai'i would be close to the top!  Also, the delay has allowed us to get to know each other under more relaxed circumstances and it has granted us the opportunity to spend the day on the beach, go shopping through an enormous free market, and eat at a local pub.  I really can't complain!  

So, I think the first lesson I've learned on this trip is that my personal time schedule carries little weight (and we haven't even gotten to Pohnpei yet!).  The tide here is slow and I need to learn how to simply float.  :)  

No comments: